Did you know that this week is National Groundwater Awareness week? More than 90 percent of all public drinking water systems rely on ground water to supply the population with drinking water. And millions of Americans rely on ground water from aquifers to supply their private wells. Click here to visit the EPA website and learn more.

One of the activities on our recent water cycle learning contract was a visit to Thirstin's Computer Games. Here are some links to those activities to refresh your memory.

Interactive Water Cycle
Thirstin's Word Scramble
Thirstin's Interactive Matching Game
Interactive Questions and Answers

What did you learn from these activities? Have you made any changes to how you use water?


This entry was posted on 6:40 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

    Unknown said...

    When water evaporates it travels into the air and becomes part of a cloud.One percent of earths water is available to drink.We use 15 to 30 gallons of water when we take a shower.When we brush our teeth it takes 1 gallon of water.

    I take quick showers and turn off the water when I brush my teeth so I use less water.

    Lillian Croucher

  1. ... on March 8, 2010 at 7:37 AM  
  2. Unknown said...

    I learned that saving water helps the planet and the water cycle like you can use a bucket instead of a hose.

    Plus I save the water by taking a quicker shower and I turn off the water when I brush my teeth.

    Amber

  3. ... on March 8, 2010 at 7:39 AM